If you are suffering from insomnia, there is no way you can force yourself to sleep. Therefore, it is best to take sleeping pills for a short time until you or the doctor figures out the actual reason for your sleep disorder.
Insomnia is a common sleep disorder. It is characterized by difficulty falling and/or staying asleep. Those with insomnia have one or more of the following symptoms:
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Waking up often during the night and having trouble going back to sleep
- Waking up too early in the morning
- Feeling tired upon waking
Many people find sleeping aids helpful for Insomnia. Doctors most often recommend that you take sleeping aids to help you fall asleep, stay asleep longer during the night, and improve the quality of your sleep.
One sleeping pill is Ambien, it is very helpful in managing sleep disorders. It is a prescription-only medication, but you can avail it online without prescriptions.
Is Sleeping Pill The Right Choice For You?
Here are a few things to consider when you’re trying to decide if sleeping pill is the right approach for you:
- If you’ve tried behavioral changes, then, sleeping pills may be a good idea.
- Sleeping pills may help if you are experiencing insomnia for a short period of time only.
- If both you and your doctor have assessed and determined the cause of Insomnia. A specific sleeping pill may be indicated for this.
- If your sleep troubles are causing psychological or health consequences, discuss them with your doctor.
Additionally, good sleeping habits and practices are the foundation of proper treatment for sleep disorders or insomnia. For some people, a combination of behavioral treatments and medical intervention is needed to manage insomnia and its symptoms in the best way.
Are Sleeping Pills Available Online?
There are over-the-counter sleeping pills that work for some people but it’s not advisable and a good idea to use them regularly for a long period of time. Some medications for insomnia are available only by prescription. That is why it is important to consult a doctor about it.
Your doctor will decide on the best type, dose, and plan for taking the sleeping pill. The best way to cure insomnia and other sleep problems is to use the input of your doctor.
And if ever you don’t have a prescription, only then should you try to get the medication online.
What is Ambien?
It is a sleeping pill that is widely used to manage severe bouts of Insomnia. Ambien is a nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic agent which is usually prescribed for short-term use only.
Taking this sleeping pill may lead to a better night’s sleep and there will be less frequent wake-ups in the night. Most medications in the UK require a prescription, and it includes Ambien.
How Does Ambien Work?
Ambien, when ingested and taken orally, works by affecting the way in which signals are sent in the brain causing the person to feel sleepy. It decreases the amount of time it takes you to fall asleep and increases the amount of time you spend sleeping.
Ambien works by increasing the activity of GABA (Gamma-aminobutyric Acid) neurotransmitter in the brain. These neurotransmitters are natural body chemicals that play the role of messengers between nerve cells. It provides nerve-calming effects.
It induces sleep and at the same time reduces anxiety and relaxes the muscles.
What Are The Benefits Of Taking Ambien?
Sleep deprivation is fairly common and usually doesn’t last very long. However, ongoing sleep problems can cause negative effects which include changes in mood, irritability, lack of motivation, and lack of energy.
Also, drowsiness during the day may affect your social life and occupation as your ability to focus and concentrate is reduced. Taking this medication will allow your body to receive the necessary rest, resulting in fewer or no negative effects experienced due to lack of sleep.
How Do I Take Ambien?
Ambien is an oral medication that should be taken as a whole with a glass full of water. It can be taken with or without meals. Do not crush, break, or chew it.
If ever you forget to take a dose before bed but remember later in the night, take the missed dose if you are still able to have 7 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. If 7 to 8 hours of sleep is not possible, do not take a dose. You may take the next dose as normal the following night.
Keep in mind that it is not right and okay to take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
What Is The Dosage For Ambien?
Ambien is available in strengths of 3.75mg and 7.5mg. The dosage is individualized depending on the severity of the condition. Your medical provider will decide on a suitable strength for you to take.
- Take one Ambien tablet immediately before bed. You may be advised to take a tablet 2 to 3 times a week to prevent you from becoming dependent on the drug.
- For adults, Ambien can be used for up to 4 weeks if and only if advised by the doctor.
- The usual dose for adults over 18 years of age is 7.5mg, but you may find a lower dose that also works.
- Elderly or weak people and those with kidney or liver problems should take one 3.75mg tablet.
This medication is usually prescribed and used only for less than four weeks as prolonged usage may cause you to be dependent on it and may cause the medicine to not work as well.
Ambien is used to help those who suffer from temporary and in some cases longer lasting insomnia. It can also be prescribed under the branded name Zimovane.
This medication should help you sleep without feeling tired, drowsy, and uncomfortable the next day.
Sleeping pill - Precaution And Warnings
Before taking any sleeping pills or any medications, it is best to do or follow the following:
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if the sleeping pill might interact with other medications or any underlying conditions. Make sure to follow the prescribed dosage.
- Some sleeping pills aren’t recommended for people with asthma, severe liver disease, digestive system obstruction, or urinary retention. Always keep precautionary measures in mind.
- Do not mix sleeping pills with alcohol. As the sedative effects of the medication can be increased when used with alcohol.
Everyone deserves a good night’s rest. If your sleep problems continue to occur, don’t hesitate to talk to your doctor. Medical providers might recommend behavioral therapy to help you learn new sleep habits in addition to lifestyle changes.
And also, short-term use of prescription insomnia medications like Ambien and many more might be recommended as well.